A man who lived near an Interstate 5 exit to Union Street said cars are often speeding and reckless when the approach Seventh Avenue – and he has years of surveilence video backing his claim.
Video shows cars spinning, hitting the a wall on Union Street, and going up onto the curb. This also is the same place where a speeding Amazon truck hit a building in 2016.
SDOT data shows only few collisions there – only two in the past three years. But the neighbor says not all collisions are reported by the drivers, including several incidents he recorded.
The exit is also in a unique spot: The Washington State Department of Transportation maintains the interstate and ramp – meaning the State Patrol handles that road – and the City of Seattle handles Seventh Avenue and Union Street, where enforcement is done by Seattle police.
More news from KIRO 7
- SPD officer charged with assaulting fellow officer's son
- Road rage incident ends in shooting outside Safeway store
- 15-year-old boy arrested in woman's 'brutal' rape, beating in Renton
- SUV smashes into Seattle's oldest restaurant; driver takes off running
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.