SEATTLE — UPS announced on Monday that it expects to hire more than 1,800 seasonal employees in the Seattle area.
The jobs will help support the expected annual rise in package volume that will begin in October 2020 and continue through January 2021.
Nationally, UPS said it expects to hire over 100,000 seasonal employees.
Package car driver jobs start at $20.44 per hour. Pay starts at $14.50 for package handlers and $13.50 for driver-helpers.
UPS says the benefits of a seasonal job with the company include:
- Over the last three years, about 35% of people hired by UPS for seasonal jobs were hired in a permanent position when the holidays were over.
- Through the company’s Earn and Learn Program, eligible seasonal employees who are students can earn up to $1,300 towards college expenses, in addition to their hourly pay, for three months of continuous employment.
- Permanent UPS jobs come with benefits, including health care and retirement benefits and up to $25,000 in tuition assistance.
Across the Seattle area, UPS is hiring:
- 643 driver-helpers
- 602 package car and personal vehicle drivers
- 538 package handlers
- 18 tractor-trailer drivers
Local UPS facilities hiring seasonal workers include:
- Tukwila – 550 Andover Park West Tukwila WA
- Seattle – 4455 7th Ave. S, Seattle WA
- Shoreline – 4201 6th Ave. S, Seattle WA
- Boeing Field International Airport – 8201 Perimeter Rd S, Seattle WA
- Port Angeles – 3306 HWY 101 East, Port Angeles WA
- Bremerton – 8000 Werner Road, Bremerton WA
- Port Townsend – 4770 Discovery Road, Port Townsend WA
- Redmond – 18001 NE Union Hill Rd, Redmond WA
- Everett – 923 100th St. SE, Everett WA
- Arlington – 19405 68th Drive NE, Arlington WA
- Burlington – 1620 Port Drive, Burlington WA
- Bellingham – 2162 Midway Lane, Bellingham WA
Those interested in jobs should apply at www.upsjobs.com.
© 2020 Cox Media Group