KIRO 7 has learned the second man shot outside a Taradise Cafe in White Center last weekend has died.
Friends have identified him as 35-year-old Paul Tapia. The gunman is still at large.
A memorial service for 51-year-old Jose Garcia, the other man who was shot and killed in that incident, is set for tomorrow.
Friends remember Garcia as a hard worker and a family man.
“He would brighten the mood, brighten everyone’s moods, just a nice guy to be around,” said co-worker Josh Applegate. “It’s really a heartbreaking loss for all of us.”
Friends say Garcia and Tapia were out having drinks when authorities say they were shot during a fight by a gunman who's still on the run.
Co-worker Henderson Jordan said it’s still surreal to think these two men are gone.
“The guy that did it ... it just made no sense,” said Jordan. “Why? What did he do to you?”.
Garcia's family has also set up a GoFundMe page to help the family of this father and grandfather.
His memorial is set for tomorrow.
Last night, there was a vigil for both men outside Taradise Cafe, where they were killed.
KIRO 7 reached out to investigators who say they are following up on several leads and tips.
- Heartbreaking: Man with ALS grieves beside terminally ill 5-year-old granddaughter
- Hawaii officials mistakenly send alert notifying of inbound missile
- Human remains found in container in Tukwila
- Man declared dead by 3 doctors starts snoring on autopsy table
- Report: Trump lawyer brokered $130,000 payment to porn star
Cox Media Group