SEATTLE — Thousands of nurses and health care employees who work for Swedish facilities across Washington state planned to announce Friday their intent to strike, but that plan was changed after overnight bargaining.
Workers with SEIU Healthcare 1199NW held a press conference Friday about postponing their strike timelines while expecting a return to the bargaining table for negotiating sessions.
UFCW 21 and the Washington State Nurses Association made similar progress in overnight talks and have paused their strike notices as well.
SEIU Healthcare 1199NW said proposals were withdrawn that would reduce paid time off and medical benefits and allow subcontracting.
>> Swedish nurses, health care workers vote to strike
More news from KIRO 7
- Man beaten after meeting with prospective car buyer through OfferUp, deputies say
- Coast Guard suspends search for 5 missing fishermen
- Police: Man breaks into King County Courthouse, woman attacked nearby in separate incidents
- January Democratic debate: Who has qualified, how to watch, what time, what channel
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cox Media Group