A 20-year-old driver was arrested for an alleged DUI after hitting a 14-year-old boy on a sled in West Seattle on Monday.
A Ford Focus was traveling southbound on 35th Avenue SW approaching SW 110th Street when the boy entered the intersection riding a sled. The driver attempted to brake but the vehicle slid on the icy road, colliding with the sled. The boy sustained a head injury.
The driver called 911 and was evaluated at the scene. He was later arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of marijuana.
The boy was taken to Harborview Medical Center, where he is recovering.
The driver was booked into King County Jail and the investigation is ongoing.
More news from KIRO 7
- Hearing the Super Bowl in Spanish? Here's how to change it to English
- Rapper 21 Savage arrested by ICE, agency says he's actually British
- Snow falling in Western Washington
- Woman warns neighbors after watching man in skull mask appear in driveway
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.