SEATTLE - A Seattle school teacher who was injured in a mass shooting in Lake City got a special moment of joy.
Three weeks ago, a gunman randomly opened fire on motorists. Two people died and two people were injured.
Among those shot was local elementary school teacher Debbie Judd. She was struck in the arm and lung.
Judd was determined to heal quickly enough to attend an Aerosmith concert in Las Vegas.
"I have tickets to go see Aerosmith on the eighth, and I plan on going,” she told KIRO 7 on April 5.
Unbeknownst to Judd, KIRO 7’s Dave Wagner made some calls, sent some emails and arranged for Judd and her friends to meet band members Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.
Judd even had photo taken by Aerosmith with Tyler and Perry before Debbie and her friends attended the concert.
“I want to thank Steven, Joe, Aerosmith and the great folks at Park MGM for helping to make Debbie very happy after a traumatic few weeks. In her words to me, ‘It was incredible,’” said Wagner.
More news from KIRO 7
- Prosecutors say carjacking suspect admitted killing truck’s owner with owner’s gun
- Experts see ‘alarming’ spike in young patients with colon cancer
- Man, 11-year-old son robbed at gunpoint while jogging in Auburn, police say
- Local Congress members react to redacted Mueller report
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.