TACOMA, Wash. — A man is in custody after stabbing a Tacoma officer in the face Friday night, police spokeswoman Officer Loretta Cool said.
Cool said officers were responding to a call about 9:18 p.m. at Winthrop Apartments on Commerce Street when a man comes out of another apartment, unrelated to the call and stabs an officer in the cheek.
The officer appears to be OK and was taken to Tacoma General Hospital for treatment, Cool said.
The man was taken into custody and Cool said there is no threat to the public.
The incident is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Jury awards $57.2 million damages to WSDOT in SR 99 tunnel delays trial
- Caught on camera: FedEx delivery driver has meltdown over heavy package
- WA Lottery lists state's ‘luckiest stores' in 2018
- ‘Survivor’ contestant Dan Spilo ejected from game for ‘off-camera incident’
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group