SEATTLE - Fans tuning in to the Seahawks preseason game against the Los Angeles Chargers on Saturday may hear a different voice alongside Steve Raible on the radio call.
The Voice of the Seahawks will be joined in the booth by actor and comedian Joel McHale.
McHale, a Mercer Island High School graduate, is a lifelong Seahawks fan and was former walk-on tight end on the University of Washington football team in 1992.
"I've known Joel for a long time. He's a great football fan and even played himself. I'm sure he'll bring his personality and knowledge to the booth and I look forward to it," Raible said.
McHale is widely known for hosting "The Soup" from 2004-2015 and for his role as Jeff Winger on the sitcom "Community" from 2009-2015.
Raible has been the Voice of the Seahawks since 2004 and served as the color commentator for the team from 1982-2003.
Originally a second round pick out of Georgia Tech in 1976, Raible played six years for the Seahawks as a wide receiver.
The Seahawks game against the Chargers begins at 7 p.m. on Saturday. Click here for a list of Seahawks Radio Network affiliates.
More news from KIRO 7
- Marysville police investigate after woman says CPS imposters tried to take son
- Seismologists: Seismic event underway that could increase risk of large earthquake in region
- Grand jury indicts Everett woman in connection with murder of federal prosecutor Tom Wales
- Mayor ‘evaluating the best approach’ after unsanctioned homeless camp pops up near Green Lake
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.