A 50-year-old man was hit by a car while riding his bike Saturday and dragged nearly a quarter mile where he was found and transported to a hospital in critical condition. A woman later turned herself into police and was booked into King County Jail and charged with a hit-and-run felony, according to the King County Sheriff's Office.
The man was riding his bike south in the 10800 block of Rainier Avenue South at approximately 4:35 p.m. when he was struck. He was obeying all traffic laws, wearing a helmet and in the designated bike line when he was hit from behind and thrown from the bike, suffering serious injuries.
The driver fled the scene with the bike still wedged into the front bumper, turning right onto South Lakeridge Drive where the bike became dislodged.
The biker is still in critical condition.
More news from KIRO 7
- Parents accuse community group of negligence after 5 kids nearly drown at Discovery Park
- Florida man used weather balloon to make suicide look like murder, police say
- 13-year-old girl beheaded after seeing grandmother killed in Alabama cemetery
- Veteran killed by hit-and-run driver near Port Orchard, police searching for suspect
- Wind-fueled fire in Everett destroys two homes
© 2020 Cox Media Group