A suspect was arrested after a Monday afternoon shooting in Burien that sent bullets into a nearby Arby's restaurant.
The incident was reported shortly before 4 p.m. near 1st Avenue South and Southwest 158th Street.
Police said the suspect shot at Normandy Park officers after they confronted him, and at least one officer returned fire. The suspect ran and carjacked a vehicle, crashed it in the 15800 block of 1st Avenue South and barricaded himself, investigators said.
Chopper 7 showed the suspect being taken into custody at 4:30 p.m.
Click on the video above (or below) to see witnesses describe the shooting scene and the moment a bullet went into the nearby Arby's.
The King County Sheriff's Office is handling the officer-involved shooting investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Last flight departs from North Satellite at Sea-Tac Airport
- 1 dead in Eatonville shooting
- Tacoma hospital brings in K-9 to help quell assaults. Officer Ben also calms sick kids
- Fire engulfs home in Kenmore; 7 displaced
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.