SEATTLE - A 17-year-old is recovering at Harborview Medical Center after Seattle police say he was shot in South Seattle on Thursday night.
Police said the teen was shot around 10 p.m. near a bus stop located at South Henderson Street, just east of Martin Luther King Jr. Way South.
Responding officers said they found the teen with a gunshot wound to his back.
Police said they provided first aid until medics arrived.
Officers searched the area and said they did not locate any suspects but did find shell casings.
Police said it is believed the suspects fled the area in a dark-colored car and are asking anyone with information on the shooting to contact the department.
More news from KIRO 7
- New footage of Titanic shows how much of the ship the sea has reclaimed
- Kilos of cocaine found in banana boxes at local Safeway stores
- Police investigate fatal shooting in North Seattle
- How do I get a Washington enhanced driver's license?
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.