Police are investigating a deadly shooting Monday at a Renton apartment.
Officers responded to a report of the shooting near the 2300 block of Northeast 4th Street just before 5 p.m. When officers arrived, they found a woman dead and found the suspect standing outside with a 14-month-old boy.
Investigators said the suspected shooter was the victim's father and the 14-month-old was the victim's child, who was not physically hurt.
The suspect was taken into custody, and today he waived his appearance at a bail hearing.
KIRO 7 reporter Deborah Horne talked with investigators today who described the suspect's confession. She also talked to family members in Renton, and Deborah is putting together the full story right now for KIRO 7 live at 5 p.m.
More news from KIRO 7
- Victims grow, millions lost in wake of alleged Kirkland builder’s scheme
- Investigation underway after crash, shooting in Snohomish County
- Line cutters for Anderson Island ferry to be fined
- 5 reported dead after shootings on reservation in Yakima
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.