SEATTLE - Update: On Thursday, the Seattle Police Department announced that 34-year-old Edward Gentry has been arrested.
"We appreciated all the help in getting him into custody lately," the department wrote in a tweet.
The Seattle Police Department is asking for the public’s help in tracking down a man who was charged in a domestic violence assault on Capitol Hill in February.
Police said on Feb. 28, 34-year-old Edward Gentry attacked his ex-girlfriend at an apartment complex and struck her repeatedly before he strangled her until she was unconscious.
The assault occurred in front of the woman’s 3-year-old child, according to police.
“Prosecutors have charged Gentry with assault 2-domestic violence and unlawful imprisonment-domestic violence, and he is wanted on a $250,000 warrant,” police said in a blotter post.
Anyone with information on Gentry’s location is asked to contact the Seattle Police Department’s Domestic Violence Unit at (206) 684-0330 or 911.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Snow falling in some areas of Western Washington
- Art Institute of Seattle to close Friday
- Fred Meyer employee chased, repeatedly pepper-sprayed by shoplifter, police say
- Permit application for car camping safe lot to be withdrawn
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.