The Snohomish County Tourism Bureau is using the branding Seattle NorthCountry to try and attract folks north.
“It’s our visitor-facing brand,” Amy Spain, the agency’s executive director, told the Herald of Everett. “We’re not talking to residents. They’re already in the know about all the great things here.”
The tourism bureau recently received trademark approval for the Seattle NorthCountry name and logo — a stylized sketch of mountains and water — though it began using the slogan a year ago, the Herald reported.
Watch the full report from KIRO 7's Joanna Small in the video player above.
More news from KIRO 7
- One dead in Redmond shooting
- Liquor license suspended after drugs seized from Puyallup bar
- Caught on Camera: Police shoot, kill knife-wielding man in Renton bar
- ’Blitzed’ drunken driver fled with torso of hit-and-run victim in car, police say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.