SEATTLE — Contingency planning for the Seattle Fire Department is underway as a result of the vaccine mandate deadline on Oct. 18.
Based on current vaccine verification forms that have been submitted, Seattle Fire expects to lose some personnel as a result of the mandate.
Planning ahead, Seattle Fire has put the following into action:
- All nonessential training and community events are canceled
- Limiting annual building focus to schools
- Prioritizing which units could be placed out-of-service
- Adjust response models to best serve residents
- Activating the Resource Management Center to monitor response data in real-time
Seattle Fire assures the community that 911 calls will be answered during this time and crews will arrive.
A final plan will be determined once the number of personnel who depart are tallied.
©2021 Cox Media Group