August 10 update: Crews are still searching for missing hiker Sam Sayers. Loved ones said Friday a $20,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to Sayers.
Crews are searching for a missing hiker in Snohomish County.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said at about 1 a.m. Thursday, a 911 call came in to report that a 28-year-old woman did not return from her hike on Vesper Peak in the North Cascades.
Her family told KIRO 7 the hiker's name is Sam Sayers. Sayers lives in Seattle and is an experienced day hiker.
She left Wednesday at 8 a.m. and was expected to check in by phone with her boyfriend at 6 p.m.
Searchers found her car still parked at the trailhead.
Search and rescue, the sheriff's office chopper SNOHAWK1, three K-9 teams and 50 search and rescue volunteers from Snohomish County, King County, Skagit County, Tacoma, Seattle, Olympic, and Everett Mountain Rescue continue to search for Sayers.
More news from KIRO 7
- PSE sends racial slur to black woman
- Woman finds squatters in backyard of Seattle home
- Police, parents of missing teen fear she may be victim of sex traffickers
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Space Needle to unveil revolving glass floor
© 2019 Cox Media Group.