Renton police are investigating a dog attack that left a dog injured last week.
The attack happened in the 400 block of Wells Avenue North at about 6 p.m. on April 24.
Police said a white pit bull or pit bull mix with black spots attacked a dog described as a chiweenie, which survived the attack.
Animal control officers are working to get a positive identification of the dog from video from the scene.
Investigators are asking neighbors with surveillance cameras to check them and call 911 if they have any footage.
Police said the dog they are searching for appeared to be similar in type and description in a 2017 case. The dog had been impounded during the hearing process but shortly after someone broke into the facility and stole the dog. The dog has not been seen since.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or 425-235-2121 and reference case #19-4799.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'It's not first-degree (rape) because I didn't slap her,' suspect tells police
- 5 shot, at least 2 dead following shooting at University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Breed-based dog bill signed into law
- New technology could help Kent police ward off street racers
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.