A raccoon caused a power outage in South Seattle late Thursday and early Friday.
More than 6,000 Seattle City Light customers were in the dark during the peak of the outage about 11 p.m.
There was a similar incident in 2016. A raccoon got into an electrical substation near Northwest 45th Street and 8th Avenue Northwest that caused thousands to lose power from Fremont to Magnolia.
The raccoon was electrocuted and did not survive.
Note: The image here is a stock image of a raccoon, not the one involved in the incident.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington hospital is 'like going into hell'
- NB SR 99 in South Seattle remains closed after fatal crash
- 'You ended my life, so I'm taking yours': 92-year-old woman kills son over nursing home threat
- Police: Mother of 5 killed - by nephew - while breaking up fight at nieces's baby shower
- PHOTOS: Fatal crash investigation underway on SR 99
© 2018 Cox Media Group.