King County prosecutors filed charges against one suspect and officially booked another following a shooting last Thursday in South Seattle that targeted undercover police officers.
According to the Seattle Police Department, the incident began when undercover Seattle police officers tailed a vehicle whose occupants opened fire on them.
Officers pursued the vehicle without returning fire until it crashed into another driver, and all three suspects were arrested after running away, and one of the suspects attempted to carjack another vehicle.
Three suspects were involved in the incident, all males ages 26, 20, and 17.
The oldest suspect, 26-year-old Jacobe Barbour, was charged with felony second-degree identity theft after investigators recovered evidence inside the suspects’ vehicle. A judge reduced Barbour’s bail from $1 million to $150,000.
Casey McNerthney, a spokesperson for the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, explained that prosecutors are waiting on additional forensic evidence to ensure the charges hold up in court.
“The public watched the news coverage of this last week, and probably there’s a lot of people saying ‘well you should have enough now,’ but you want to make sure it holds up in court,” McNerthney said. “This is not something you want to see; you don’t want to see a shooting like this at anybody in particular officers. It’s very concerning.”
The 20-year-old suspect remains hospitalized and has not yet been officially booked, though McNerthney said charges will follow once booking occurs. The 17-year-old suspect was formally booked for the shooting, along with separate counts of robbery and attempted robbery.
Formal charges for the juvenile suspect could come by Friday, McNerthney said. Prosecutors are awaiting critical evidence before filing shooting charges against the remaining suspects.
©2026 Cox Media Group




