SEATTLE — On Thursday, an outdoor dining series kicked off on the football field at Lumen Field.
The event called “Field to Table” is taking over the stadium until March 7 with heated tents and socially distanced tables as part of a four-course prix fixe dining experience, with a meat or vegetarian option. The dinners are in two shifts each night (Wednesday through Sunday), which can accommodate about 100 people per shift.
Various local chefs will be featured nightly.
Chef Jason Wilson and his team from the Lakehouse in Bellevue, along with Chef Roy Breiman with Columbia Hospitality, provided the first dinners on Thursday evening.
Wilson said it helps bring back the vibrancy of the dining experience, some of which has been lost during the pandemic.
“It absolutely captures that uniqueness. It’s really fabulous to be out here. We did a test run last night, friends and family – it was really festive, felt celebratory, and I think people need that right now. I know the restaurant community really needs it,” Wilson said.
Each dinner costs $100 per person, before taxes and a service charge. Everything is prepaid online. A percentage goes to Big Table, a nonprofit that helps struggling hospitality industry workers.
People dining can also opt in to add-ons, like a charitable field goal kick.
You can make a reservation and check out a changing chef line up by visiting www.fieldtotable.us.
The rotating chef lineup confirmed thus far includes:
- Jason Wilson (The Lakehouse) - February 18
- Roy Breiman (Columbia Hospitality) - February 18
- Matt Lewis (Where Ya at Matt) - February 19
- Sabrina Tinsley (Osteria la Spiga) - February 25 & 26
- Dre Neeley (Gravy on Vashon) - February 28
- Maximilian Petty (Eden Hill) - March 3
- Jason Stoneburner (Stoneburner) - March 4
- John Sundstrom (Lark) - March 5
- Trey Lemont (Jerk Shack) - March 6
- Liz Kenyon (Rupee Bar & Manolin) - March 7
SE Productions is putting on the dining series and is also behind well-known “experience” events like “Bacon Eggs & Kegs” and “Sumo Sushi.”
Cox Media Group