Renton police are looking for a man they say followed a 91-year-old woman, waiting to steal her wallet form her shopping basket.
Detectives believe the same suspect is targeting victims in neighboring counties, too. So far, they have tied the suspect to 4 cases all reported in December.
The incident involving the 91-year-old happened about 5 p.m. Dec. 18 at a Renton Safeway, in the 200 block of South Third Street.
“As the woman reached into a dairy cooler the suspect sneaked in and stole her wallet from the basket,” police wrote on Facebook. “He then proceeded to use her checkbook to write checks.”
The suspect is a white man in his late 40s, 50s or 60s and has a distinctive tattoo on the top of his right hand, police said. He had no facial hair, wore a black jacket, black pants and a blue shirt.
Renton police say this man is a predator intentionally going after vulnerable people and they want him off the street.
Police are asking that anyone who can identify the man call Detective Coleman at 425-430-7538 or email him at email@example.com and reference case No. 8-15647.
More news from KIRO 7
- NO DEAL: President Trump walks out of White House shutdown talks
- WSDOT Releases videos showing routes after SR 99 Tunnel opens
- Woman riding mobility scooter hit, killed by UPS driver
- 'I did chop her up': Man admits killing, dismembering grandmother, their landlord
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.