KENT, Wash. - Kent police officers responded to reports of a shooting around 1:30 a.m. Saturday in the area of 23829 30th Ave S.
Officers found a 25-year-old male victim shot and unresponsive upon arrival. Police initiated lifesaving efforts before he was transported by medics to Harborview Medical Center, where he later died. Police are not releasing his identity at this time.
“Early investigation indicates that there was a dispute between the victim and the suspect who has been identified as 20 year old Kent resident, Josue M. Rivera-Cruz. Rivera-Cruz is still at large, and investigators believe he may have ties to the South Seattle area,” Kent police said in a news release.
Police said their preliminary reports indicate it was not a random incident and that Rivera-Cruz “should be considered armed and dangerous.”
Anyone with information on Rivera-Cruz’s location is asked to call 911, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 and/or the Kent police tip line at 253-856-5808.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Body of missing Auburn man found in trunk of his car
- Drug pipeline 'has been shut down.' Statewide bust nets 29 arrests, guns, drugs
- Teen with autism dies after being restrained at school
- Doctor: Seattle woman who died of brain-eating amoeba used tap water in Neti pot
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.