SEATTLE - July 22, 2019 Update: Washington Department of Corrections officials say 29-year-old Jeffrey Allen Beach was taken into custody Monday afternoon.
He was located at a home in Kirkland and was apprehended safely without incident.
Officials said Beach was transferred to a state correctional facility.
Our coverage from July 19, 2019:
Washington Department of Corrections staff and local law enforcement are searching for an inmate who escaped from a work crew.
Officials said Jeffrey Allen Beach, 29, escaped while working at the Washington Department of Transportation-Ferries warehouse in Seattle around 10:46 a.m. Friday.
Beach is described as 6 feet tall, weighing 210 pounds with blue eyes.
Beach began serving a 43-month sentence March 19 after he was convicted for theft of a motor vehicle, possession of a stolen vehicle, second-degree possession of stolen property and identity theft.
He was tentatively scheduled to be released March 14, 2021.
“If you see Jeffrey Allen Beach, do not approach him and contact the Cedar Creek Corrections Center at 360-359-4121 or call 911,” officials said in a news release.
The Cedar Creek Corrections Center is located on the southeast edge of the Capitol State Forest, near Littlerock, Wash.
More news from KIRO 7
- 5 Seattle neighborhoods affected by power outage
- Video shows moment man was knocked off of scooter; deputies search for hit-and-run driver
- King County executive accused of steering lucrative contract to two donors
- Edgar Martinez’s Hall of Fame moment with local Marine: ‘Thanks for being a DH in Iraq’
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.