SEATTLE - Officers with the Seattle Police Department are investigating a shooting in North Seattle.
Reports of the shooting surfaced around 12:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North 125th Street.
The 300 block of North 125th Street is northwest of the Evergreen Washelli Cemetery and about seven blocks south of Bitter Lake.
Arriving officers said they found a man in his 30's on the ground with a single gunshot wound to his head.
An official with the Seattle Fire Department told KIRO 7 the man was transported from the scene to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition.
Around 4:45 p.m., police said "Officers will continue to be in the area as they investigate, but are winding down their search. If you see anything suspicious please call 911."
We’re in North Seattle where detectives are investigating after a man in his 30s was shot in the head at 125th/Greenwood. SPD says the shooting does not appear random. @kiro7seattle pic.twitter.com/z72CdmLDqe— Alison Grande (@AlisonKIRO7) May 15, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- ’My world is gone:’ Family calls for answers, justice in high school senior’s murder
- Moses Lake plant stopping production because of China tariffs
- Pierce County man used waterboarding-like technique to punish 7-year-old, police said
- Whidbey Navy admits aircraft drew penis in sky over Washington
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.