Police are investigating after an officer-involved shooting Tuesday evening in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood.
At 9:20 p.m., officers responded to a report of a suicidal man that was armed with a handgun near the 1600 block of Melrose Avenue.
When officers arrived, they had an encounter with the armed man.
Police said the man approached the officers and fired at them.
Deputy Chief Marc Garth Green said the officers returned fire and hit the man.
The man went down and was taken into custody. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center to be treated.
No officers were injured.
Police are continuing their investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Suspect arrested for stabbing Kirkland woman was charged with murder before
- Man arrested for trying to throw woman off Seattle overpass
- Fremont encampment removed; long supporter says sweeps aren't working
- Newest Puget Sound orca calf continues to survive
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.