A 23-year-old woman died after she was stabbed at a SeaTac apartment and deputies took a 59-year-old man into custody Tuesday evening.
The stabbing happened at the Willow Lake Apartments in the 3000 block of South 208th Street.
King County Sheriff's Office Sgt Ryan Abbott said the initial came from a woman at the apartment complex just after 8:30 p.m. There was a sound of disturbance, a man's voice and a baby crying in the background before the phone disconnected.
Deputies knew the location of the call and responded.
When deputies arrived at the apartment complex, a man called back and reported he was in an unit where the disturbance happened.
The man came out with a 2-month-old child and he was detained.
When deputies went inside the unit, they found a woman with multiple stab wounds on the ground. They tried to save her but she died from her injuries.
Abbott said the child was not hurt. The man and woman have the child in common but their relationship is unknown.
The man will be booked into the King County Jail.
More news from KIRO 7
- Child kidnapping suspect has been arrested 105 times
- 16-year-old found dead in Lake Washington after allegedly stabbing grandmother with machete
- Grant County wildfire jumps to 5,000 acres; homes at risk
- Father charged with murder of 7-year-old found encased in concrete-filled dog carrier
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.