SEATTLE - A pedestrian died from his injuries after he was struck by a Metro bus in South Seattle.
It happened at about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday in the northbound lanes of SR 509, just south of the First Avenue South Bridge.
Washington State Patrol said a man was sitting on a metal box on South Kenyon and Occidental when he hopped the barrier, ran across the northbound lanes of SR 509 and was hit by a Metro bus traveling in the HOV lane.
No one on the bus was injured.
The man, 35, was taken to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition. He later died from his injuries.
More news from KIRO 7
- Amber Alert issued for 5-year-old boy in Spokane Valley
- Senator apologizes for remarks about nurses ‘playing cards’
- ’Gruesome’: Man found dead in apartment near Lynnwood
- Amazon expected to close on mega real estate deal in Bellevue
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.