Police are investigating after a man was shot at a house party in the Maple Leaf neighborhood of Seattle early Sunday morning.
Officers responded to a shooting in the 8500 block of 17th Avenue Northeast shortly after midnight after witnesses call 911 to report gun shots.
Upon arrival, officers saw a large crowd fleeing the house but couldn't find any victims. Dispatchers later received a call that an 18-year-old man had arrived at Harborview Medical Center with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
Witnesses told officers that during the party, a fight broke out, after which the suspect fired a handgun. The victim was taken to the hospital by friends.
Detectives are still investigating and working to develop a suspect description.
More news from KIRO 7
- Local veterans could lose VFW post due to enormous water bill
- GRAPHIC WARNING: Rarely-seen photos show serial killer Ted Bundy's crime scenes
- Convicted killer back in court for raping crash victim
- War of Will wins 2019 Preakness Stakes
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.