BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A motorcyclist is in custody after officials said he reached 145 mph during a chase in Whatcom County on Tuesday.
Officials with the Washington State Patrol said troopers first saw a red Suzuki R600 motorcycle going 130 mph around 1:30 a.m. on I-5 near Northwest Avenue.
Near the Slater Road exit, troopers said the motorcyclist was clocked going 145 mph.
Officials said the motorcyclist continued to elude at high-speeds before pulling a U-turn near Gravel Road – where troopers notified Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office.
Troopers said they later terminated the pursuit near Bellis Fair Mall, but said they saw the motorcyclist exited near Sunset Avenue.
When the motorcyclist stopped near Sunset and Ellis, troopers took him into custody without incident on suspicion of eluding.
More news from KIRO 7
- Dump truck crashes into Subway sandwich shop in Pioneer Square, several injured
- Man impersonating cop pulls over van full of detectives, police say
- Man asked to leave Seattle restaurant throws 'no parking' sign into window
- Lynnwood woman arrested on suspicion of trying to lure 4-year-old
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.