CENTRALIA, Wash. — Authorities say the body of a Washington woman who was reported missing more than a week ago has been found on the Oregon coast.
The Centralia Chronicle reports that 47-year-old Chrystal D. Chipman was found dead several miles from her vehicle, which was parked in a wooded area east of Newport. A logger working in the area spotted the vehicle.
Centralia police said Monday that there were no obvious signs of trauma to her body, which was found Friday by a Lincoln County sheriff's deputy.
Centralia police had earlier asked for the public's help in locating Chipman, saying she has a history of medical issues that required medication. She was reported missing Aug. 18.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'Bee Man' goes viral after finding massive hornet nest in Chevy El Camino
- Two adults transported to Harborview after explosion inside Everett Hotel
- Eerie things going on at serial killer's childhood home in Tacoma
- Jacksonville mass shooting has Seattle-area gamers worried about PAX West conference security
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com