SEATTLE - National Weather Service officials in Seattle said Thursday, Sept. 6, there was a bit of haze and smoke in the air from local fires.
Air quality worsened to "unhealthy" in the Seattle metro area around 2 p.m., but the smoke was expected to be short-lived.
Or CLICK HERE to see a real-time air quality map from the State of Washington Department of Ecology.
That map is embedded below.
To use the embedded map, click "Air Monitoring Sites" in the gray box at the middle of the map screen and let the data load.
More smoke-related news from KIRO 7:
- How to protect yourself during smoke days
- Smoke from brush fire near Maple Valley shuts down WB Highway 18 for hours
- Wildfire smoke causing flight delays at Sea-Tac Airport
- When will smoke clear in Seattle? KIRO 7 PinPoint Meteorologist weighs in
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.