DES MOINES, Wash. - Police are searching for suspects after a 21-year-old man was shot in the stomach Thursday afternoon in Des Moines.
At about noon, police responded to a report of a shooting at at Mount Rainier High School at 22450 19th Avenue South.
When officers arrived, they found the victim with a gunshot wound in the abdomen. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition.
The victim was playing football with a group of about 15 people. His group and another group then got into a dispute.
Police said the other group left, but two people returned and fired a shot in the area. The two fled the scene in a 2005 to 2010 Maroon Malibu.
The game was not a school event, according to police.
The investigation remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 206-878-3301.
More news from KIRO 7
- Auburn teacher dies in childbirth - husband now suing hospital
- Real-time updates: Chains required at Snoqualmie, Stevens Pass
- Black Friday 2018: What time do Macy's Walmart, Best Buy and other stores open?
- Woman says her boyfriend was shot and killed as he held his hands up
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.