Man charged with attempted murder after hitting 66-year-old in head 3 times

SEATTLE — The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has charged a man with attempted murder in the 1st degree after he hit a man in the head with a metal rod several times.

A spokesperson says Aaron Justin Fulk could face even more charges within the coming days.

“And it’s very disturbing the details that we saw here. And with that, we asked for a deadly weapon enhancement, which means longer prison time with conviction. And we are confident we can get that conviction. And we think this is a case that’s appropriate,” Casey McNertheney with the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office said.

Just after 3 p.m. Tuesday, an officer was working an emphasis patrol near the intersection of Third Avenue and Pike Street when he saw Fulk deliver several strikes to the 66-year-old victim’s head with a large metal pole.

The victim reportedly then fell to the ground, where he laid unresponsive.

Several additional police units responded to the scene and took Fulk into custody without incident.

Police rendered aid to the victim before transferring care to Seattle Fire Department medics who transported the victim to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition.

The 66-year-old who was hit by the metal rod 3 times died from their injuries on Saturday according to the prosecuting attorney’s office.

They also state Fulk does have an extensive criminal history that goes beyond the state of Washington. Fulk was charged in Pierce County with felony harassment after he threatened to kill a Pierce Transit Public Safety Officer back in July 2022.

“We want the public to be reassured when they go downtown that cases like this are being charged and we are working to keep people safe,” McNertheney said.

The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office assures the public they want all of downtown Seattle to be safe for everyone.

Currently, Fulk is at the King County Jail and his bail has been set to $2.5 million dollars.