EPHRATA, Wash. - A man trying to burn an American flag blanket started a 5-acre wildfire Sunday, Grant County Fire District 13 officials said.
Ephrata firefighters responded around 6 p.m. to the fire near Ephrata Airport and, with the assistance of four units from Grant County Fire, were able to contain the fire.
"No matter your political views, we think it's safe to say we can all agree starting a wildfire is no good," Grant County Fire District 13 posted on Facebook.
Ephrata, Washington is located about 65 miles northeast of Ellensburg, Washington.
No structures were damaged and Ephrata police are now investigating the incident, officials said.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Michael Rotondo gets job offer from pizza company, cash from talk show host Alex Jones
- Police: Gunman calls police after shooting man at homeless camp
- Hormel recalls more than 220,000 pounds of Spam
- Woman rescued, search for missing man suspended after plane crashes near Bainbridge Island
- Mysteries of Seattle's old ‘Doughboy' statue remain decades later
© 2019 Cox Media Group.