A 41-year-old man was arrested Sunday after reportedly pointing an airsoft rifle into traffic along I-90 while hunting for rats, according to Seattle police.
A driver called 911 at around noon when he saw the man with the realistic-looking rifle in a camp between I-90 and Judge Charles M. Stokes overlook.
When officers arrived, they found the man in the encampment and took him into custody. The man told police he was using the rifle to "shoot rats" in the camp.
The man was booked into King County Jail for the unlawful use of a weapon in a public space.
More news from KIRO 7
- Auburn University gymnast breaks both legs during floor routine
- Suspect arrested in rape of Renton man at bus stop
- Woman found dead inside burning Everett home
- Excessive force lawsuit says man died after Issaquah police broke his neck
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.