An Army soldier from Joint Base Lewis-McChord has died of injuries sustained during combat in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense said Friday morning.
Sgt. Cameron A. Meddock, 26, of Spearman, Texas, died Jan. 17, in Germany after being hit by small arms fire on Jan. 13, in the Badghis Province.
Meddock was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment and supporting Operations Freedom’s Sentinel.
More news from KIRO 7
- Mom speaks after children witness dad attack police
- Man angry over wait for McDonald's French fries throws hot coffee at worker, report says
- Concerned mayors meet with prosecutors over handling of felony cases
- SR 509 shootings task force created after boy in car shot in head, blinded
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.