KENT, Wash. - Police are investigating after a pedestrian was struck and killed by a Sounder train in Kent.
Officials tweeted after 4:20 p.m. that it happened at South 212th Street and 77th Avenue South.
No exact details were provided as to how it happened.
Traffic delays are expected in the area.
Officials said riders should take the bus because no other trains will depart from King Street Station in Seattle.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe officials said this is the third incident in the past three days in which a person was struck and killed by a train.
One person died when they were hit by a train at Titlow Beach, and another died Tuesday in Kent.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man accused of spraying roommate with bear spray, shooting him with paintball gun
- Monroe police get creative to discourage panhandling
- Fines increasing for carpool lane violators starting Sunday
- 2 injured in hit-and-run crash on I-405 Renton
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.