GRAY'S HARBOR, Wash. - A woman fatally shot a man after he broke into her home while violating a protection order, Gray's Harbor police say.
Detectives with the sheriff's office responded to a shooting Wednesday around 9:25 p.m. at a home in the 400 block of Elma-Hicklin Road West.
A 60-year-old man called police after a 47-year-old man broke into the home armed with a knife. The 60-year-old man confronted him and a struggle broke out. A 36-year-old woman who was also home got a gun and fatally shot the 47-year-old man.
The suspect had a court protection order in place that prohibited him from contacting the woman.
Detectives arrived with a search warrant and began investigating. The early investigation indicates the shooting was self-defense, and no arrests have been made.
More news from KIRO 7
- Black bear approaches visitors at wildlife refuge, pats woman on back of head
- Seahawks to wear Action Green, with a twist, on Monday Night Football
- Semi-truck sends car spinning across I-5, driver takes off, woman says
- Tacoma family demands murder charge after home invasion robbery heart attack death
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.