Deputies said a good Samaritan is in critical condition after he was attacked with a machete by two men who were harassing a homeless man Wednesday night in Burien.
The attack happened after 7 p.m. near Southwest 148th Street and First Avenue.
Deputies said two men, ages 25 and 30, appeared to be inebriated as they walked out of a restaurant and started harassing a nearby homeless man. They started pushing the man and his property into the road.
A 39-year-old man stepped in to stop them but the suspects attacked him with a machete and chains.
Employees from the nearby restaurant chased one of the suspects and caught him.
Deputies arrested the other suspect.
The good Samaritan was taken to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- 'U SUCK' appears on I-5 traffic sign
- Undercover author: Amazon warehouse workers pee in bottles, culture like 'prison'
- Indiana woman asks firefighter to treat stoned raccoon
- Woman in critical condition following burglary and assault in Mountlake Terrace
- Man poses as soldier, steals diamond worth $100,000
© 2019 Cox Media Group.