Seattle police detectives are investigating after two people were shot in two separate incidents overnight and one of the victims died.
Police said Saturday afternoon that a 45-year-old man who was dropped off after 2 a.m. at Harborview Medical Center died of his injuries. No other information was given on where the man was shot or what led up to the incident.
The other man who was shot in downtown Seattle was rushed to Harborview after 2 a.m.
“Officers were dispatched to a club in the 2200 block of 1st Avenue for a report of a fight disturbance,” Detective Patrick Michaud said in a statement. “Officers arrived moments later and found a man with a gunshot wound to the face lying in a parking lot.”
“Witnesses told officers that there was a fight disturbance at a nearby club that spilled out into the parking lot,” Michaud said. “They said that two people pulled out guns and started firing at each other, striking cars and hitting at least one person."
Officers did not release suspect information. Police are asking that anyone with information call the tip line at 206-233-5000.
More news from KIRO 7
- Arrest made in 1998 murder of 28-year-old Nguyet 'Anna' Nguyen
- Week 8: Latest High School Football Scores
- Bed Bath & Beyond removes black jack-o'-lanterns after some say it resembles blackface
- Clapping is now considered anxiety trigger, 'jazz hands' to replace applause at Oxford
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.