SEATTLE - The plaque for new Baseball Hall of Famer Edgar Martinez will be on display at T-Mobile Park on Friday and Saturday.
Fans with tickets to the games against the Tampa Bay Rays will be able to see the plaque during the games, but there is also a free public photo opportunity available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
According to the team, fans must still register online for the free photo opportunity.
Martinez was officially inducted into the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown on July 21.
Fans, I am so fortunate," Martinez said. "Thank you for always being there for me. The support you gave me really helped me get here today. I am so glad I stayed with you until the end of my career.
Martinez was a seven-time All Star and a five-time Silver Slugger Award winner for the mariners, where he spent his entire 18-year career.
"This is a day I could never imagine happening when I was growing up in Puerto Rico. Honestly, there were times over the last 10 years I wasn't sure it was going to happen. I am so grateful and proud," he said.
More news from KIRO 7
- Dayton, Ohio shooting: 10 dead including suspect, dozens wounded in city's Oregon District
- Ferry riders stranded on Anderson Island after dock issue
- 1 airlifted to Harborview after crash shuts down NB I-5 in Chehalis
- Trump says he wants stronger gun checks, but reneged in past
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.