A driver was contacted by State Patrol after he was found playing Pokemon Go on eight phones Tuesday evening.
The driver was already pulled over on the shoulder, which is only acceptable in emergencies. Sgt. Kyle Smith contacted the driver, and asked him to put the phones in the back seat to continue with his drive.
#PokemonDistraction Sergeant Kyle Smith contacted a vehicle on the shoulder yesterday evening. This is what was next to the driver! Playing #PokemonGO with EIGHT (8) phones! Driver agreed to put phones in back seat and continued his commute with 8 less distractions. pic.twitter.com/tgOr16CRlm— Trooper Rick Johnson (@wspd2pio) August 14, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- BREAKING: 2 dead, 3 others injured in Tacoma shooting
- Intoxicated and barefoot, off-duty Renton officer accused of assaulting woman
- Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- Police: Woman attacked with pitchfork in Ballard by man released from jail 4 days earlier
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.