TACOMA, Wash. - Detectives with the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department are asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect who they say shot a clerk during an armed robbery of a gas station.
Deputies said the suspect entered the Union 76 gas station on Golden Given Road E. around 1 a.m. Wednesday, rushed behind the counter and struck the clerk’s face with a handgun.
“The clerk opened the cash register and the suspect held the victim at gunpoint as he grabbed cash from the till. The suspect shot the clerk, then grabbed more cash from the register and ran out of the store,” deputies said in a news release.
Deputies said the clerk was transported to a hospital and is in serious condition.
The suspect is described by deputies as a black male in his 20’s, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighing 200 pounds.
The suspect was last seen wearing a black hooded jacket, black pants and black boots.
Deputies also released surveillance video of the incident to help track down the suspect.
** WARNING - The following video contains footage of an unsolved violent assault that occurred early this morning. The victim's identity has been blurred out & the shooting has been edited out of the video. We are sharing this video with you in hopes of identifying the suspect.** pic.twitter.com/YjMIxxcAez— Pierce Co Sheriff (@PierceSheriff) April 17, 2019
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police looking for 2 persons of interest after body found in abandoned truck in Kent
- Teen girls’ softball coach arrested in undercover child sex sting
- Gig Harbor police looking for escaped African cat
- Four people from Washington sickened by salmonella linked to recalled tuna
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.