COVINGTON, Wash. — Deputies with the King County Sheriff's Department are investigating a fatal shooting at a house in Covington around 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
The shooting occurred at a residence near the 25000 block of 180th Avenue SE, just north of Crestwood Elementary School.
Deputies said when they arrived at the scene, they located the body of a 30-year-old woman in the home.
After a search of the suspected shooter, deputies found the 32-year-old suspect dead in a bedroom with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Their identities have not been released.
Investigators are still determining the relationship between the victim and the suspect, but they do not believe they were a couple.
KIRO 7 has a crew at the scene and we will continue to update this story as more information becomes available. We're following the investigation and will have a live report on KIRO 7 at 11.
Deputies said there was an unrelated shooting along Wax Road, where a homeowner fired shots in the woods at a man, who he believed was the suspected gunman. It is unknown if that man was hit.
Covington is located just east of Kent in King County.
More news from KIRO 7
- 6 customers draw guns on men attempting to steal tools
- Mystery surrounding 'decorated' Highway 522 Christmas tree that came down
- Hospital prices are about to go public
- Man kills mother on Christmas, claims she's a demon, deputies say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group