UPDATE: The University of Washington marching band will not perform during the school's annual rivalry game against Washington State University, after one of its three charter buses rolled onto its side while traveling from Seattle to eastern Washington for the game.
Athletics Director Jennifer Cohen said in a statement Friday the band members decided they needed to recover and return home instead of continuing on to Pullman, where the teams were set to play Friday night in the Apple Cup.
The bus crashed Thursday evening on an icy stretch of Interstate 90 in central Washington. Of the 56 people on board, 47 were taken to hospitals for evaluation or treatment. The university said Friday morning that two remain under medical care for injuries that are not believed to be life threatening.
More news from KIRO 7
- Auburn teacher dies in childbirth - husband now suing hospital
- Real-time updates: Chains required at Snoqualmie, Stevens Pass
- Black Friday 2018: What time do Macy's Walmart, Best Buy and other stores open?
- Woman says her boyfriend was shot and killed as he held his hands up
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group