An Orting man died Saturday afternoon in a rollover crash on state Route 162, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The man was identified as James I. Martin, 70, of Orting.
About 3 p.m. Saturday, Martin was headed east on state Route 162 at Orville Road in a 1991 Toyota Tercel. The vehicle failed to negotiate a corner and rolled over into a ditch on the westbound side of the road, according to the State Patrol.
The car was found partially submerged, Trooper Johnna Batiste told The News Tribune on Saturday.
After the crash, the road was blocked for more than an hour.
More news from KIRO 7
- 'Affirmative Action Bake Sale' draws protest on UW campus
- Police searching for stolen vehicle, endangered man may be inside
- GRAPHIC WARNING: Rarely-seen photos show serial killer Ted Bundy's crime scenes
- Chargest dropped against fired Tacoma cops who told grandmother to beat boy with belt
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.