SEATTLE — Microsoft co-founder and billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates revealed that his father, Bill Gates Sr. is battling Alzheimer's.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- She kept seeing her ex around Gig Harbor. Then she found a GPS tracker on her car.
- Deputy shoots man in leg at 'problem house' near Bonney Lake
- Beer inspires Chris Pratt to star in his first commercial
- 'Stupid mistake' foils pizza robbery
- Two Washington cities make National Geographic's 'Best Cities' list
Gates said he wants to see more money spent on new, unconventional research. He also said he is "optimistic" that researchers will develop new drugs to help patients in the next 10 to 15 years.
Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia. Symptoms include memory loss and other cognitive skills that are serious enough to interfere with everyday life.
© 2020 Cox Media Group