SEATTLE - The monthly membership fees for Amazon Prime will change starting Friday.
It will go up to $12.99 from $10.99, but the annual membership will remain at $99 dollars.
Monthly customers do not get free access to Amazon Video. That cost is $8.99 a month and is also not increasing.
The last Prime subscription hike came in 2014, when Amazon increased their yearly membership from $79 to $99.
The e-commerce company did not give a reason for the price increase.
- Amazon snubs Washington in list of 20 cities considered for 2nd headquarters
- Documents reveal 'violent and disturbing' last moments of Lake City murder victim
- Why didn't Amazon pick the Seattle area for its second headquarters?
- Limiting pain-med supply to 7 days among ways state leaders propose to fight opioid crisis
- Pay-by-mile gas tax pilot to begin in 2 weeks
© 2019 Cox Media Group.