All southbound lanes of I-5 were blocked in Maytown, south of Tumwater, after a multi-vehicle crash involving an overturned semi-truck. All lanes were reopened shortly after 4 p.m.
The crash, which happened at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, is near 113th Avenue Southwest.
The left northbound lane was also blocked.
The Washington State Patrol said the initial investigation indicates that a passenger truck heading northbound lost control while traveling too fast on the wet road. Troopers say the semi, also heading northbound, tried to avoid hitting the pickup and lost control.
The semi pushed through the center barrier into the southbound lanes and also hit a FedEx truck traveling south.
The semi was carrying bags of powdered milk, some of which split open and spilled across the freeway.
WSP said the FedEx driver was hurt but the drivers of the semi and the pickup were not.
More news from KIRO 7
- Bill proposes statewide tax on single-use plastic bags
- 7-Eleven employee caught on video during rampage; not charged for months
- One person killed after mobile home catches fire in Bremerton
- 6 hours after suspect in 40-year-old murder case walks free, he is back in custody
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.