SEATAC, Wash. - An Alaska Airlines flight headed to Denver from Seattle late night Thursday had to make a U-turn.
Officials with Sea-Tac International Airport said Flight 1068 hit a bird during takeoff and returned to the airport.
No word was given on where contact was made with the plane.
The plane landed safely, airport officials said.
The airline is investigating and will determine when the plane is safe to fly.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Prosecutors say carjacking suspect admitted killing truck’s owner with owner’s gun
- Experts see ‘alarming’ spike in young patients with colon cancer
- Man, 11-year-old son robbed at gunpoint while jogging in Auburn, police say
- Local Congress members react to redacted Mueller report
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.